Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fitness Jar Challenge

I'm doing a Fitness Jar Challenge! Want to join me? It's easy! Here's what it is...

I took ideas from around the internet (mostly pinterest) and combined those with fitness goals that I already had in mind, like drinking more water, cutting back on sugar etc. I made a template with 1 fitness challenge in each square to cut up and put in a jar. Then each morning I pick 1 slip out and do what it says! I am so excited because I think it's simple enough, the commitment is minimal (meaning it's not p90x that I have to do for 90 days, or even the 30 day shred). It's 1 good thing for me each day! And my hope is that I will learn to do these healthy things, like drink the right amount of water, and then I'll be able to keep doing it.

I think it's breaking it down to 1 thing 1 day that makes this exciting and doable for me. I can do almost anything for 1 day :)

So my goal is to do this for 30 days, or until the jar runs out, whichever I feel like :) And there's just 1 rule. I must choose 1 slip everyday and if it's something that I just don't have time for that day, like the big run/walk for 2 hours challenge I am allowed to save it for the next day and choose a new slip. But I only get a 1 day grace. I figure if I can't do it 1 day I can arrange things to make it possible the next day!

So...Who's with me?!? Anyone wanna try it? I think it'd be fun to get ideas for different challenges and encourage and report. If there's enough interest we could have a Facebook challenge group. Here's my template for challenges. I wanted a decent mix of dietary and activity based. Also, you can probably see what I'm really trying to work on- my sugar consumption and (lack) of decent water consumption. But, the idea is to do what works for you and focus on the things you'd like to improve! If you do it let me know :) And wish me luck too!

Oh, and I meant to add that this for me is supplemental, trying to find those "little" things to help get me to my desired fitness level :) But you could really go as big with the challenges as you'd like!

Fitness Jar Challenge
Drink 60 oz of waterno sugareat 5 servings of fruits/veggies
no meatno dairy4 miles
50 crunchesSalad for lunchSmoothie for breakfast
double your workoutwalk around the neighbourhoodbike neighbourhood loop x2
30 jacks
10 squats
20 lunges
30 high knees
10 crunches
40 jacks
25 crunches
25 mountain climbers
25 leg raises
1 min plank x3
10 jacks
10 push ups
10 squats
10 crunches
10 jump rope
decrease each set by 1 until down to 1 each
walk to a store/library20 squats
30 lunges
40 calf raises
50 second wall sit
100 jacks
50 second wall sit
40 sumo squats
30 leg raises
20 squats
20 crunches feet on floor
20 crunches legs bent in air
20 crunches legs up
30 second plank
15 reverse crunches
15 bicycle crunches
40 speed skaters
50 Russian Twists
15 side plank hip lifts (R)
30 bicycle crunches
15 side plank hip lifts (L)
Drink 60 oz of waterDrink 60 oz of water
Dance Central 30 minutesWalk/ run 1 hourWalk/run 2 hours
10 minutes up & down stairsp90x absclass at gym
count points todayno sugarno sugar
Count points todaysoup for lunchno eating after dinner
no eating between mealsno eating between mealsno eating after dinner



5 comments:

Trina said...

Looks like a great challenge! Good for you for trying to do something good for yourself!Seems like a fun way to get healthier!

Mom said...

Thanks for this great idea. I may try it! I am on a self improvement kick so this fits right in!

Meg said...

This is an awesome idea! I will definitely be doing it. I've been looking for a doable way to get back in shape after baby. Thanks Adrienne :)

Sharlie said...

Hey Adrienne, as soon as you put a picture on this post, I'll pin it on pinterest!

Kayz said...

I looooove this!!! =)