Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cali's story! I did it!

I made a goal earlier this year to finish writing up Cali's story by her 2nd birthday and I did it! It was very draining and took so much out of me. The days I worked on it that's all I could do. Of course there are happy moments in her story, but knowing that each day I wrote I was getting closer to the hard stuff took it's toll on me. Now that it is finished I feel like a weight has been lifted. I am so happy that I did it. I knew that I owed it to myself and to her to get all the details down. I began with the pregnancy, diagnosis, then skipped to being admitted to the hospital and wrote until she passed away.

Now I have always been very open about Cali, and I still am. I will tell anyone who wants to talk about her the whole story. But I am hesitant to just put it out there. Something about casting pearls before swine. I feel like her story is just too much of me, too much emotion to be shared with someone less than interested. So I've decided to keep it off the blog. If you would like to read it (all 29 pages of it!) comment or email and I would love to send it your way! I have always wanted to share Cali's story openly. I feel like the more people who know her story the more real her life was. It's something that I can't explain, but I truly love when someone tells me they read back on the blog, or they looked at pictures of Cali, or any of that. It warms my heart to know that Cali lives on through these little ways. So please if you'd like to read it let me know! The only clause it that if you read it I want to hear back from you, to know how you responded to it.

Thomas and I are reading it 1 day at a time this week to make sure all the details are there. I will email it when  we're done with that on the 12th.

10 comments:

AzĂșcar said...

I'd love to read it!
jet set carina at gmail dot com

kathy said...

I surfed onto your blog (friend of a friend of a friend) around the time Cali was born, and have peeked in on you now and then ever since. I would LOVE to read Cali's story. The whole 29 pages!
skjones13@hotmail.com

Camille said...

Please send it our way Adrienne. We would love to read every teeny, tiny detail.

Love!

Camille
cbridge11 @ gmail dot com

Megan Barrick said...

You are so inspiring to me! I love how open and willing to share you are. You guys are truly an amazing example of faith and strength! Congrats on meeting your goal!!!

Sue said...

I hope your week was a good one. This post inspired me to write out Sam's story too. I have journal entries and blog posts, but I need to organize it all too. Maybe that will be my goal for the 3rd birthday.
I'd love to read Cali's story.
ohhisue@yahoo dot com

Wendy said...

I would love to read it. Our heart babies stories are so precious and deserve to be shared and written down just as we celebrate their lives.
I'd be honoured to read it and I promise to tell you my feelings after I read it.
Wendy
wendy.walton@gmail.com
christophersheart.blogspot.com

Janae Walker said...

I would love to read it. I will definitely respond back when I am finished. I can only imagine some of the feelings you must have and still do feel. Thanks for taking the time to document it!

Janae :)
imvisa4@yahoo.com

Mariley Johnson said...

Hi Adrienne! Wish I found you sooner. I have actullay been thinking about you a lot lately. It's high time we figured out how to get over to the trail and go for a bike ride!
If you are willing, I would love to read about Cali's story. marileyjohnson@yahoo.com

amyraye said...

Adrienne- I just typed a long, detailed comment and it got deleted. Ugh. I'd love to read cali's entire story.

Brief history:
I lost my son, Calvin, about the time you lost your Cali. 10/15/2009
I check in on your cute family periodically.
My friend just gave birth last week to a little girl with HLHS. She had open heart surgery one week ago and it's touch and go. I have been thinking about your Cali a lot this week.

Amy Barry
Amyrbarry @ Hotmail dot com

Kayz said...

Every once in a while I think of Cali too! (So close to my name and when I see you post something on fb, here and there I think of her). That is AWESOME that you were able to write it all down. It will be great for summer to read it later on too! HUGE accomplishment!!!