Sunday, August 28, 2011

Older and Wiser! Summer is 1!

When I think about my life in years nothing compares to this last year of my life. I have never experienced as much love, growth and utter joy as I have this last year being Summer's mom. She has brought into my life more meaning, joy and satisfaction than any other single thing. Being her mom, being home with her, watching her learn, grow and change has been the absolute highlight in my life. I have experienced huge growth in my general feeling of love. It amazes me still our human ability to continually grow in love. My dad has often shared a short verse on what love is. I can't remember all of it, but essentially it goes through life stages- finding love and marrying, and then having a child, and having grandchildren etc. and at each stage the author remarks, "And I thought I knew what love was" but love is ever growing and as we add more people in our lives and in our hearts our depth, understanding of, and ability to love increases. That has been my experience this last year. Watching Summer grow the way that I had wanted to watch Cali grow has touched my heart and has given me such love and gratitude for this little girl's presence in my life. I will forever be grateful for Heavenly Father's timing on sending us sweet Summer Lynn. Happy birthday little Miss! :D

3 comments:

Sue said...

It was fun to get your comment the other day. I am so glad you got your cute little Summer girl to hug and squish and love. I think it's amazing how much these little ones heal hearts.
Happy birthday to Cali on September 5! I hope it's a great birthday season for you.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday!!!

jlbunting.com said...

Cute photos! I hope she had a happy birthday!