Sunday, August 29, 2010

Canadian Gives Birth to Texan! Exclusive Details Inside.

Please welcome Miss Summer Lynn.






She's here! Our newest addition Miss Summer Lynn was born at 1:02pm on Friday August 27th! Her labor and delivery went so smooth!

Just the night before her arrival...



We were settled into our room by 7 and a mere 6 hours later we had her in our arms! Mom took this pic of us when she arrived at the hospital around 11am. I had just had my epidural and was dilated to a 7! We were pumped and ready to go!

For anyone who knows Cali's birth story I can tell you that that epidural did not take one bit! This was Heaven! I was able to feel enough pressure to know when/how/where to push and within 5 pushes she was here! It was amazing! Within seconds of her birth she was on my chest where our nurse helped clean her up and then she stayed there for about 45 minutes, until I finally agreed to let dad get his hands on her!


First Family pic!

We are in love yet again.


Last week I was struggling with knowing how to love this baby and still maintain a (huge) place for Cali in my life and heart. Thomas wisely likened my love to "love buckets." "Cali has her own love bucket" he told me "And you're not taking from her love bucket to fill Summer's, they're separate with no limit to either." I find that so beautiful and touching. Oh how different the love and experiences are with our 2 babies, but they are separate and unique and my heart has more than enough room for the 2 of them ( and all the others to come!)


PS. Hi, Thomas here. You know, the other half of this blog. Well I had to change the title of this blog, I just couldn't resist.

26 comments:

Jenny Lincoln said...

Wonderful news! I was just thinking about your family the other day and wondering if your bundle of joy had arrived. I'm sure Cali was smiling looking down on you all on Friday.

Jenny

jen and michael said...

congratulations guys. Summer is beautiful!!!

James and Amy said...

Congratulations! What a cute, little sweetheart. And, I do love the post title. :)

Courtney said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!! You'll be a wonderful mom!

Liz said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and has the best birthday ever! (it's mine too!)

The Standrings said...

such happy news. congrats to you guys! i can't wait to see more pictures of summer!

Camille said...

I am so overjoyed for you guys. I think of the amazing couple you were when we lived by each other and know that you are even more amazing now. Hopefully next time we come to San Antonio we can maybe steal a peak at your new bundle and catch up a bit.

Stan and Jenn said...

She is beautiful! Congrats! You both look so happy! It's wonderful to see you all lit up again. It's so inspiring!

Jenni said...

Congratulations! I was so excited for you when they announced this in church today. I can't wait to see her!

Diana said...

Congratulations! I was thinking about you this weekend and wondering when your little girl was coming. I love Summer's name. I also have appreciated reading your recent posts about holding on to our sweethearts while welcoming another little baby into our hearts and family. Best wishes as you adjust to your new routine with a newborn and as you celebrate and honor Cali this coming week.

love, Diana

Daniel said...

Congrats!

AzĂșcar said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! Well done, you two.

Ben said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful! :)

One Happy Heart Family said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!! Glad things went so smoothly. I love how your hubs put the love bucket idea. Its fantastic. Now I can explain that to my kiddos :0)

Wetzel said...

Hey guys! I NEEED to see more pictures. NEED to!!!!! Does she look like Thomas? It's so hard to tell.

Janae Walker said...

congratulations!!! i am so happy that things went so smoothly! oh, my son called your cell phone number (if it is still the same 801 number) early one morning. sorry! good luck with this new little bundle of joy :)

Dan said...

Congratulations on your second little girl. I am so happy for your family! How is Texas treating you? Let me know if you are ever in Houston and we can get together.

Karen and Merrill said...

Congrats to you two!! She is beautiful! I love Thomas' analogy on love using "buckets." It's perfect. We're thinking of you guys!

Brittany said...

She is so cute!! Congrats on a another beautiful baby!!

The Jones Family said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I am so excited for your ever growing little family :) I'm glad everything went so well with the delivery and that she is finally here! I can't wait to see more pictures, she is absolutely beautiful!!!!

Daisha said...

Yeah, That is so exciting!

Kim said...

Just saw this news and I can't tell you how excited I am for you! She is gorgeous! I love Thomas's idea of the "love buckets". So beautiful.

The Wiseman Life said...

Congrats Addy...I am so happy for you and Thomas. What a sweet little thing. I loved Thomas "love buckets"....hope you are enjoying your precious Summer I'm sure she omits as much sunshine as her name...

The Ballards said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog Adrienne, so now I can read yours! :) Congratulations again on Summer! I hope I look as good as you did on "labor day"!

Emily@Little Forever Family said...

Congratulations you guys! I could not be happier to hear this news. If it makes you feel any better, I have felt that worry about having children/adopting and feeling like I am replacing my kids. But I found that your heart expands with each child, not replacing that space, but just crowding in on it and bringing joy into your life. She's a beauty!

*BTW, missed you guys at the heart walk. I know you guys live in California, but just know you were missed!

Emily@Little Forever Family said...

Sorry, Texas! :)