Sunday, July 18, 2010

San Antonio...it's HOT!

Oh boy, it's hot in San Antonio! Mid July and I'm hot hot hot! I'm sure it helps that I'm 8 months pregnant and about 20 lbs heavier than normal, but man, I didn't know I could really be this hot! And the kicker? Our AC seems to be on the fritz and with both of us at work from 8-6pm daily there's never a good time to have someone come check it out. But coming home from church and our house being 82 downstairs and 85 upstairs we have resolved that we will figure out a way to get this handled this week...before I swell up any more and float away! :)

Besides the heat, we're doing well! We've been keeping busy with work and now having Sharlie, Thomas' sister, with us I've been even busier trying to shuffle all our schedules and get us all to where we need to be with just 1 car! It hasn't been easy, and there have been sacrifices made, namely Thomas now rides his bike most days to work so we don't have to leave quite so early, so we're making it work, but it sure feels like we're just go go go all the time!

We've been having some fun times too! A couple weekends ago we went to SeaWorld which is just about 15 minutes away (so naturally we got season passes!) We've also had some fun BBQs with friends, and lots of opportunities to get to know more people, which I am excited for! And just last weekend we took a trip downtown to The Alamo! It was a very hot day so we didn't last too long, but it was a good experience! There are a lot of attractions around here and I just can't wait til fall/winter when it's cool enough to enjoy them!

Not to be forgotten, Friday was Thomas' birthday! So Friday night I made dinner....he requested chicken Parmesan and it was actually pretty darn good! Then we saw Inception which definitely lived up to our expectations! And finally Saturday afternoon we invited a couple friends over to play some Wii games with us. All in all I think it was a success!

Things are going well. It's looking like I'll probably be working right up until baby comes so I can qualify for maternity leave. Some days are really hard, like the ones the follow restless nights of trying to get comfortable and sleep in between bathroom runs! But I am grateful that I've had this job to keep me busy! We're going to be painting baby's room soon which I'm really looking forward to because then I can really set things up the way they'll stay! Well that's about it for us! If I don't melt from the heat I'll update again soon!

5 comments:

Marissa said...

I know what you mean about the heat! It is MISERABLE but I don't want to complain too much because I don't know if it's just me or if it really is that bad! I am in the same boat with you. I guess we'll just have to wait until next summer when neither of us is pregnant!!

Camille said...

Great to hear from you again on your blog! It is hot here isn't it?!?! I am a little behind you on pregnancy, but I sure feel the heat. I can't believe how much hotter I am with this pregnancy than I have been with the other two. Not fun! At least my AC works, we just keep it pretty warm to keep the bills down.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new place though.

Alyssa/Jo said...

I hope your A/C gets fixed asap! I love how you said "before I swell up any more and float away." How funny!

Sea world is so much fun! I loved the walrus show. Those guys are funny! Glad to hear all things are going well.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

this is the hottest summer I can ever remember....and SA is always hot....love your blog
I have a new giveaway on my holiday blog, A Baby Changes Everything, with more copies of IN A HEARTBEAT to give away on TUESDAY. Stop by and enter....Have a great week..
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

The Wiseman Life said...

Ugh! I hate the heat...I totally feel you. Being prego though must make it sooooo much worse.
I am so very jealous of your sea world passed. I love that place. It is so much fun.
Glad you are doing well. And you are more than welcome to advertise for us in anyway...copy and paste the poem if you like. :) thanks! Love ya