Thursday, March 25, 2010

The News

So my last post was somewhat vague. I was so excited I wanted to get the news out but didn't have time to give the details.

We are due with # 2 August 27, 2010 (just 4 days before Cali's due date last year!) We were so surprised when we found out we were expecting again so soon as it had taken some time to get pregnant with Cali. On Tuesday we had a fetal echo to look at the baby's heart and it looked great! The doctor (and Thomas and I!) could see all 4 chambers of the baby's heart which completely rules out a defect like Cali's. He looked at all angles and looked for anything abnormal and didn't find a thing! He told us when we move to San Antonio we should find an OB and that's it! We don't need a perinatologist (high risk OB) or cardiologist or any other doctor!

I don't know when I have ever felt this much joy. Losing Cali, my first little baby, was devastating. I had never known how much hurt my heart could feel. Just how much pain could exist in one person. Having experienced such deep pain, sorrow, loss, truly gives you the ability to feel such high joy. I just keep thinking about a verse I had quoted a few months ago, "yea, my soul was filled with joy as was exceeding as was my pain!" (Alma 36:20) I am learning about that and it is truly a miraculous, amazing thing. I thank God daily for His love. This new healthy baby growing inside me has renewed my faith in the mercy, kindness, and goodness of God and this life. There is the struggle of knowing that I am moving forward without Cali. That I will never in this world be together with my little family at once. But I know that Cali is with her little brother or sister right now and I know that she will continue to be a part of our little family in ways I can't even imagine now.

Thank you all for your love! The only thing that makes my joy sweeter is sharing it with others and feeling of their love and happiness too!

PS a couple posts ago I received many comments telling me not to retire the blog etc. I apologize for giving that impression. What I had meant to say was that I have used this blog for outwardly grieving Cali and I'm just not sure that I want that anymore. So I will be posting more about our day-to-day life, what's new and what's going on, rather than my grief and healing. I thought by giving a little disclaimer it would make the transition easier. :)

15 comments:

Camille said...

I am sincerely and completely excited for you guys. This will be so great! I hope you are feeling well and are able to get the packing done even being prego!
I am excited for updates!

Jenny Lincoln said...

So glad to hear that everything looks good with #2!! Are you having a surprise if it is a boy or a girl?

One Happy Heart Family said...

Yea for a heart heathy baby!! That is such wonderful news!!! Your such a sweet person and I love how strong you are. :0)

Lisa Webb said...

Congradulations guys! so happy to hear you are expecting, if you can hold out til august 28th its a good day... my birthday! haha!! I wish you guys all the best!
Lisa

Thayerclan said...

What happy news! Congrats also on Thomas' new job and your soon move to San Antonio. What a great place! If you're ever in the Houston area you are welcome chez nous :) Good luck!

Jeff and Nichole said...

This is the best news ever! Can't wait to see you soon! :)

kathy said...

What a wonderful twist! I have a dear friend who lost her second child to a congenital lung disorder at the age of 6 weeks. She was gifted with a surprise pregnancy only 4 months later, and a month after the anniversary of her son's passing, she had a healthy baby girl. Knowing her son is part of their eternal family is great, but she wishes things were different. And while her new baby didn't and couldn't replace the one she lost, it has been simply amazing to see the amount of healing that her new one brought with her. I'm so happy for you.

Kelsey said...

Congrats!! That is the best news ever!! We wish you the very best!!

shay said...

i wouldn't mind hearing about daily life stuff...and congrats on the new baby!!!!! so exciting!

Kim said...

That is wonderful news. SO excited for you. I love what you say about feeling so much joy about this due to the sorrow you have felt. I think a lot of people, including me, can learn from that and enjoy the blessings we are given more.

Bloom Family said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys and excited to hear the baby undates along the way!

Janae Walker said...

YEAH!!!!! i am so excited for you guys! i am glad that you already have a confirmation that the heart is doing well. it just seems like that would be at least one sigh of relief for you! good luck!

Michelle Michel said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you...I even shed a few tears of excitment, joy and happiness for you guys. After all you have been through I know this is such a miracle and blessing. You are both amazing people! Hurray for baby!

Stan and Jenn said...

That isnso exciting! Congrats on baby #2 and that he/she has a healthy heart. I am so happy for you. I think your blog is great, both for grieving and for day to day life. I enjoy reading it.

Rosalee said...

I am so sincerely happy for you and your family! I have read and cried over many of your posts as I have watched you heal. You have been in my prayers many times. Congratulations on the new addition! And good luck on your move to Texas. USAA is an awesome company. My husband and I, my parents, and siblings all use USAA for our insurance needs. They are SO kind and helpful and I'm sure your husband will fit right in. God bless you all!