Saturday, January 30, 2010

CHD Awareness Week Feb 7-14, 2010

Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week happens each year during the week leading up to Valentines Day. Last year I didn't know this. This year, this week means so much to me.





The memory of Cali is all that we have of her here and that is why it is so important that we talk about her, hear from others about her, and do things that make us stop and think of her. And when it is more than just Thomas and I, I know that it will bring a great feeling of love, unity and strength to all of us.

So here's what I'm asking. I would like every person, family and friends(even children!) who know us and love us to do ONE thing sometime up until the end of CHD Awareness Week in remembrance of Cali.

Here are some ideas of ways you can include yourself in CHD awareness week and honor our little Cali with us:

Talk to friends, neighbours about your experience with CHD
Give blood (Cali received many blood transfusions)
Volunteer at a local Children's Hospital
Donate financially to one of the many worthy organizations:http://intermountainhealinghearts.org/donations/
Buy a CHD Awareness Week Pin for $5 at http://tchin.org/pins/ & wear it!
Change your Facebook profile picture to one of the CHD Awareness Stock Photos
Wear red for CHD week and tell others why you're wearing it
Use your Facebook/ Twitter Status to talk about CHD Awareness
Become friends with CHD Awareness Week 2010 (Official) on Facebook
Hand out Pamphlets on CHDs (contact me if you'd like some!)
Wear a CHD Awareness sticker (Contact me if you'd like some!)
If you participated in the Heart Walk in September, you could wear your Tshirt!
If you're in Utah:
Paul Cardall benefit concert (see flyer below)
Family day at the Olympic Oval in Kearns (See flyer below)

This cause is very close to our hearts. By participating in these events we feel closer to Cali. It would mean so much if you would find 1 way to participate with us, and please encourage your children to also. When you do your 1 thing please comment here, wall post on my facebook, or send me an email I would love to document all the things done in Cali's name. Thank you for do 1 thing with us!


>

Stock Photos:

3 comments:

Amanda and Steve said...

Count us in!

Cason Clan said...

I am a fellow heart mom to Ellie. I was reading your last post and it sounds like 2009 was a tough year. We had a year like that in 2007. We had a stillborn daughter in Sept. I know how you feel in wanting to remember. Our next child was born with CHD. It's amazing how things change you. If you ever need to talk, my email is rebeccacason1@yahoo.com

She Made Mention said...

Hey cool Angel button in this post (; I had to take a double look... & then I noticed it was the one that I made.The concert was sooo amazing!!! Hope you are doing well...! Take care.
Jess