Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas from Heaven



This poem was written by a 13 year old boy who died of a brain tumor that he had battled for four years. He died on December 14, 1997. He gave this to his mom before he died. His name was Ben.

My First Christmas In Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees
Around the world below,
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,
Reflecting on the snow.

Their sight is so spectacular,
Please wipe away the tears,
For I am spending Christmas
With Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs,
That people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare,
With the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you,
The joy their voices bring,
For it's beyond description,
To hear angels sing.

I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart.
But I am not so far away,
We really aren't apart.

So be happy for me, dear ones.
You know I hold you dear.
And I am spending Christmas
With Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift,
From my heavenly home above.
I sent you each a memory
Of my undying love.

After all, love is a gift
More precious than pure gold.
It was always most important
In the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other,
As my Father said to do.
For I can't count the blessings
Or love he has for each of you.
So have a Merry Christmas
And wipe away that tear.
Remember, I am spending Christmas
With Jesus Christ this year.

Merry Christmas little girl. I know you must be enjoying it up in Heaven, but please take sometime to be with us too. It is so hard to not have you here. I love you. Love, mommy

5 comments:

Kayz said...

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!! =)

Jackie said...

Very sweet. I hope you feel her with you this time of year and always.

Merry Christmas!

Rebecca said...

I found your blog through Owen's...the title of the post struck me so I had to check it out. Simply beautiful! I am guessing both of our little girls are experiencing a Christmas beyond words or anything we can ever begin to imagine. I am holding you close in prayer as we walk this road together.

Blessings~ Rebecca

Other Mother said...

What a beautiful poem. Thank you for posting this, it is very touching. I love you guys, you both are an inspiration to me and so was little Cali.

jlbunting.com said...

I'm so sorry you don't get her here with you for Christmas. Thanks for sharing this poem.