Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Filling the emptiness; an answered prayer

So Thomas started a new job yesterday. This is great news. It has been 4 months since he was laid off from CG. Although we know that this is indeed a great blessing from Heavenly Father, I have been quite nervous for the day to arrive that we wouldn't be together 24/7. Since Thomas was laid off it's been him and I together pretty well always. I believe Heavenly Father knew that we would need that kind of time to love each other, and support each other during the time surrounding Cali's life and passing. Well, yesterday was Thomas' first day. Knowing this I filled my To Do List up full. I did 3 loads of laundry, folded and put away, put the dishes away, made dinner, organized our place, rode my bike 4 miles to the store to buy a few supplies, and by the time I was done with all that Thomas was home. Now the problem came today when my To Do List was rather empty, and I knew it was upon waking up this morning. That is when the emptiness started to creep in. I had this whole day ahead of my with only a little list, and a lot of fear. How would I fill up my day? What could I do to keep myself busy so I wouldn't feel the loneliness? Well, I got on my knees and prayed that I would be comforted today.

At 1 o'clock Aunt Lynette and Uncle Ed stopped by. We had a great visit, they even took me up to see Cali (I don't currently have a car!) So it was nice to get to visit Cali, to chat with Ed & Lynette and to feel of their love. Truly an answer to my prayer. Then upon coming home I received a call from my dad! We had a great chat. Then I got to talk to my mom too for a little while, again, a great chat. And all I can say at this point is that my heart is full. Thank God for listening, and thank those who listened to Him to be an answer to my prayer. Instead of feeling weak, alone, and down like I did this morning, I feel loved, and even though my road is still a hard one, I know that I have loving family and friends there with me. And of course, my Heavenly Father and my daughter up above. And with this support I know I can walk this road.

9 comments:

shay said...

it makes me so happy to know that you are so in touch with our Heavenly Father during this difficult time. if it helps any, i think you are handling life so gracefully and with such faith!

The Taylors said...

You are such a great person, I am so glad you keep us updated on how you guys are doing. I am so thankful for people like you who have such great faith and keep people like me going! THANK YOU! I sm so glad your doing well and keeping busy LOL ;)

Lindsey said...

You guys are so amazing.

jlbunting.com said...

So good to hear Heavenly Father and Cali are watching out for you. I hope Thomas's new job goes well.

Tracychele @ The Week-Ender said...

Bless your sweet soul. I came here from Katie's blog. I just wanted to offer my condolences. I am terribly sorry for your loss. I watched the video and your sweet Angel, Cali, was and is so beautiful! Stay strong. Take care of you.

Katie said...

Adrienne ~ I am glad you feel loved and supported. It's amazing! GOD is good to bring just who we need to help us.

Thank you for your sweet comment. I am so sorry for your loss.

Hurting and healing with you, Katie

KM said...

That is so good to hear that you've had that time together (my Dad lost his job when he and my mom were first married and spent a lot of time w/ his Dad. Then he passed too, and he realized that was the reason for the financial loss). I'm glad that you were also able to have a full 2 days!! You sure make everything positive!! =) Always have! =) Kali

Kim said...

I hope you don't think I am weird for commenting, but I can't help but read your blog because you are so strong and inspiring. Do you still live in Provo? I would be more than happy to take you to visit your daughter or to go wherever you may need if you ever need a ride. I am home a lot and it would be no big deal. I hope you don't think I am crazy since you barely know me (we were in the 147th ward together), but I am happy to help.

Stan and Jenn Nicolaysen said...

I love that Heavenly Father answers our prayers through others. I am glad you posted this. It reminded me that I need to be in tune enough with Him to know when others might need my help. Thank you for that reminder. I am glad to hear you are doing OK.