Saturday, October 17, 2009

Angels for Hope

It's been awhile since I've posted. Since the last post we had our first "anniversaries" of Cali's birth and passing and her funeral (that one is actually today). For her birthday we took up a Happy Birthday balloon to her grave. There are some days that I truly wish I could skip over, the days where I should be doing normal mom things like dressing my baby up in a cute outfit to take 1 month pictures. Instead I spend my time at the cemetery trying to bring to mind every memory I have of my little girl and just dreaming of what she would be like, how cute she would look all dressed up, how she would like the outside etc. Sometimes the hurt is so strong, my heart so broken that I don't even know anymore how to live life. And then there are moments, sweet moments when someone reaches out, someone shows such love and I am brought to the remembrance of possibility of whole hearts. Hearts that aren't broken. Hearts that give, that care, that share, and that truly emulate the pure love of Christ. And that helps my broken heart.

Today I learned of an organization called "Angels for Hope." I received 2 packages in the mail today from "Angels for Hope" when we opened them we found a beautiful crocheted piece in each, butterfly in one, and an angel in the other. Who sent these? Who made these? The card on each one read "Someone special has requested that you receive this "Wings of Hope" so that you would know that you are loved and cared about. Our thoughts and prayers are with you." Wow! Thank you is all I can say. This is beautiful. This is God's work, touching souls, reaching out and helping others feel His love for them. Thank you to whomever was involved to get these to us. It truly means a lot. It has helped my broken heart today feel 1 step closer to becoming whole again.

2 comments:

Stan and Jenn Nicolaysen said...

That is so nice! It's always nice when people recognize the need for a hand out. I hope you continue to get the healing you need.

Janae Walker said...

I don't know if our hearts can ever be fully mended from certain tragedies without the Atonement of Jesus Christ. But, that is one thing that I have learned through loss - Jesus really does understand our pain. You have such faith! Thank you for being so strong and hopeful (even if some days it does not feel like you are).