Saturday, September 5, 2009

What a day and it's only 11:30!

well, it's been quite the morning. Neither Thomas or myself slept much last night so starting the induction at 5 am was a bit of a challenge! After a few hours of contracting and using coping mechanisms we decided to get an epidural. I am so happy that we did! My progress (if you can even call it that) has been so slow and it looks like we'll be in this 1st stage of labor for quite a few more hours, so I am happy to be able to breathe and not be in "survival mode" trying to get through contractions! Thomas is doing a great job as my coach! He helped do some counter-pressure, massage, positive encouragement and just loved me. He's pretty happy about the epidural as it has made his job much easier! :) Baby's doing well too. She has a steady heart rate, and responds well to contractions. At this point we're really unsure of when she'll come, but don't worry, if she comes during the game (BYU's 1st football of the season) Thomas has ESPN 360 all worked out so he can watch online! Thanks again for all the love!!

3 comments:

cbridge said...

Being in the hospital all hooked up, ready to have a baby is so exciting and a completely different experience. I am excited for you but also know that there will be many, many hard times ahead. You are in our prayers. We love you guys!

Melissa said...

We will be cheking all day!!! Good luck! You are doing great!

Aimee Hardy said...

We're on pins and needles. Lots of prayers coming your direction. I really, really hope it's been a good day and can't wait for an update.