Saturday, September 5, 2009

We're at the hospital!

So at 2pm this afternoon we went to Murray for a non-stress test. We had plans to hang out w/ my mom, sister, brother & niece & nephew after our appointment...well those plans were derailed when our nurse said "you're going to have the baby today." Yep. She said "today." Turns out we were running pretty low on fluid. So flash forward 8 hours and we're in a labor and delivery room, I'm all hooked up w/ an IV and monitors, and they've started me on a drug to get things ready for an induction tomorrow morning.

It's been a roller coaster afternoon/evening. There's just too much to think about and too much to process. In less than 24 hours our little heart baby will be here. We just had a visit from a nurse in the NICU here at the University Hospital. She explained what they do when they get the baby. Talking with her has brought all my fears, and anxiety to the surface. Will our baby be OK? Will she have other problems? When do I just get to hold her? How can I be excited to welcome this baby when I don't get to welcome her to my arms, or her dad's arms but instead to a slew of needles, IVs, medicines, plastic isolettes, and open heart surgery? My heart is so torn right now. Right now she is safe. Right now I get to be with her. Tomorrow I don't know.

Please keep us in your prayers. I am so grateful that we know about her heart at this time, I know what a blessing that is. But, boy does she have a long long road ahead and we cannot do it alone.

Thomas has been really great tonight, too. I am so happy that I have him. He has just the best attitude, and such faith and hope. He keeps me smiling and laughing and for that I am so grateful!

Well, we'll try to update tomorrow as soon as we can...stay tuned! :)

7 comments:

Jenny Lincoln said...

My daughter Aly was born in June and she has HLHS. We have been through the first surgery and she is doing great. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers over the next couple weeks!

Bethany said...

I am thinking about you, Adrienne! And I'm definitely praying for you. I will keep checking back for updates. I hope your labor goes smoothly without any problems. I will be praying for your sweet girl, she's got some strong parents! Please let me know if I can do anything from here!
((HUGS))
Bethany

Aimee Hardy said...

Good Luck with everything! You will stay in our thoughts and prayers!

m.dahl said...

Praying for you. We know Heavenly Father is mindful of you. Can't wait to see the little girl.

Angela said...

We will keep you all in our prayers. Like you said, you have her today so make the best of it! Talk to her a lot and tell her what your dreams and hopes are for her and your family! Blessings!

Michelle Michel said...

I can't get you off my mind...I have been checking your blog every single day...like twice a day! I want you to know you are in our prayers daily! Good luck! You both are so amazing!

Amanda and Steve said...

I said to Steve JUST TODAY (Saturday), "You know what would be funny? If Adrienne went into labor during the BYU-Oklahoma game and Thomas had to miss it." Well, it wasn't during it but close enough! :-) And I'm sure he's fine with missing it. :-) We'll keep praying for our sweet great-niece - and praying hard!