Friday, September 11, 2009

Prayers needed

What a journey this has been since surgery and it hasn't even been a full 24 hours. Cali is having a bit of a hard time keeping up her oxygen levels. The doctors have been working at this for quite sometime (since last night) and have tried different options but none of them have given the desired results (higher O2 count). So just now they're giving her some more blood to up the red blood count to assist in delivering O2 to her body, if this doesn't increase her stats enough then we're looking at having to have another heart catherization. If that happens they will look to see if there is a problem with the conduit they put in her yesterday, if there is a problem, like an obstruction they will try to fix it then, if it's something more than that then Cali would have to go back to the operating room, something we very much want to avoid as that would mean more time on the bypass machine which is never a good thing.

She has been such a little trooper. She has had to go through more in these 6 days than most people go through in their entire lifetimes. She has so many meds, machines, and doctors and nurses that are working as best as they can do get her where she needs to be, but so much of this is up to her little body. Please pray that the blood transfusion works, please pray that Cali can up her stats without having to go to surgery again.

I know there have been many prayers said for her. I know they have worked, we have had miracles and I know that our prayers will continue to be answered. I have felt God's love. I trust in my faith in Him. Heavenly Father has blessed us with this sweet child, with these challenges, but I know that He has a plan for little Cali and for Thomas and I, and I trust in Him and in His will. He will take care of us, whatever that means. But we can show our faith, and can ask for these blessings knowing that He will bless us in His own way and time.

This has by far been the hardest day since Sunday. I am so grateful that we were given this chance to have surgery. I am grateful for all the time that I got to hold Cali, to kiss her, to smell her, to cuddle her, and tell her how much I love her. I just want to be able to do all of that again. Please please remember her in your prayers. We will update again as soon as possible.

2 comments:

The Farrs said...

You and your little Calli are in our thoughts and prayers! The Farrs

Amanda and Steve said...

We'll be praying!