Saturday, September 12, 2009

Heart Cath...Pray for Pee

Cali's doctors decided earlier today to do a cath procedure to check out what's going on on the inside. Yesterday after her bedside operation things looked pretty good, then her sats dropped again. She has been hovering in some pretty low numbers as far as oxygen goes. In the cath they took a look at the conduit they put in during surgery, her pulmonary veins that they ballooned open on Sunday and the veins to/from her lungs. They all look good. This is good in one way because she doesn't need any operating on, however, the doctors are out of ideas for how to get the oxygen saturation up.

So our plan now is to continue to help her with medications. One thing we really need is for Cali to pee out all the fluid that she's retaining. This really seems to be of real importance to her recovery. So really we need to pray for pee. Odd, I never thought that'd be something I'd pray for, but for Cali it's a necessity. The longer she's in her current condition the worst it looks for recovery so we need to get this girl in working order as fast as possible. I am just sure that her little body is so tired, but I also know that she is not alone in this.

Everyday this week I have received comment after comment from those I know and those I don't about prayers being offered. THANK YOU! I have never loved a little thing so much! During her cath I was thinking about all the wonderful things that I have been able to enjoy with Cali so far. My list included holding her for so long (something I really wasn't at all expecting!) seeing her sweet little baby facial expressions, hearing her coo, watching her look up at her daddy, seeing her beautiful eyes, kissing her chubby cheeks, giving her a bath, holding her tiny hand and many others. I am so grateful for these tender moments that I've had with my daughter. I love her. Thank you for your prayers. We'll try to update again as soon as possible.

14 comments:

donnelandfrank said...

we will pray for pee. What a special little angel she is. We know that her little body is so tired but I know that she can be strong. We love you all Vicky

donnelandfrank said...

Just wanted to let you know I put Cali on the Tabernacle Choir prayer roll today, so several more hundred people prayed for her today. DonNel

cbridge said...

I love Cali. I don't know her, but because we love you guys, we love Cali. We will continue our prayers.

Stan and Jenn Nicolaysen said...

I loved reading your sentiments on the things you have loved about Cali so far. There is nothing like those special moments! I too will pray for that pee:) go Cali,go!

Melissa said...

We missed you at the walk today. We want you to know that we were all thinking about you during our special moment for those currently in the hospital fighting!
I am thrilled that you are making memories. Keep on doing that. :) I hope that tonight is a better night. Hopefully I'll be up for a visit soon! Know you are in many many prayers!
Melissa - IHH

Hollie said...

You don't know me, I'm another Heart Mom with IHH. I was so thrilled this morning to see many of your family at the Heart Walk for Cali. I was able to talk with your Aunt and asked her to let you know that there are many that are praying for you, Cali and her doctors. What you're going through is hard. It's the hardest thing to sit at your newborns bedside and not be able to take away the hurts. But it's worth it. What you're doing for Cali is worth it. She knows that you're there, she knows your voices and her spirit knows you. My daughter Elaina spent the first 10 months of her life at PCMC, the doctors and nurses there are amazing and will do all they can for her. Please know that I've been reading your journey and praying for you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I live about 20 minutes from Primary's and I would love to be able to help with anything you need.

Heart Hugs!!!
Hollie
Mom to Ben 7yrs(HH) and Elaina 20 months (ToF, pulmonary atresia, VSD, coronary fistulas, DiGeorge syndrome)

Christina said...

We will keep praying for you! The nurses called pee "liquid gold" because of how important it was to see post-op.

I talked to some of your family today at the walk. Know we are sending hugs and good thoughts your way!

Hugs & Prayers,
Christina
Jacob's Momma

The Taylors said...

Lots of Prayers coming your way!!!

carolyn q said...

Who would have thought Liquid Gold (peeing) could be just as important as real gold, but in this case the Liquid Gold is more precious. Praying that the med's will work and she will eleminate.
I wil be up your way Sunday, hopefully things will have calmed down and stabilized that I can visit.
By the way, today I made sure we included a moment of silence at the Heart Walk to recognize all those fighting their battles at the hospital. I am sure many silent prayers were being said in Cali's behalf, mine included.
(Hugs)

nennermommy said...

Poor thing...I am praying for Pee!!!!! Give her some extra kisses from me!!!

shay said...

Pruetts are praying for Cali from Cali(fornia).
We are thinking of you guys and we love all three of you!
Pee! Pee! Pee!

The Mathews Family said...

There are no words to describe how much we love you guys. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.
-Jessica

Angela said...

Oh Thomas and Adrinne, I am so sorry. We love you and will see you soon.

AzĂșcar said...

My heart is breaking for you all and more prayers are on their way.