Sunday, September 6, 2009

Great news

Hey everyone. I just want to send out a quick message to let you know that Cali's operation is complete and was successful. What was initially expected to be a 2 hour procedure ended up taking 5 hours. Thy were able to use a balloon on the atrial septum. It was extremely difficult and I am utterly amazed at what doctors can do. Dr. Gray and Dr. Mart are absolutely amazing.

So next we wait while they keep a close watch on Cali. There are some risks of complications but they are not expected. So on Tuesday they will meet to discuss what needs to be done. At this point we are hoping for something quite similar to what you would expect for an HLHS baby so naturally we are not out of the woods yet. In fact we really have just entered the woods.

We also want to thank all the prayers that were sent our way. We truly felt their power. It is amazing that 16 hours ago we had no hope but now we have all the hope in the world. We truly are blessed. Thank you.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

11 comments:

Alicia said...

Hi guys! We will definitely be praying for you two and Cali.

Aimee Hardy said...

What a relief! We have been praying all day for you guys and are grateful things went well. The care you receive is amazing and I am sure the Dr.'s will come up with a great plan. Try and get a good nights rest!

carolyn q said...

I agree those Dr's. are amazing. It was too bad that you had to leave the camp before Dr. Gray presented. He did a great hands on job explaining cath proceedures.
I am relieved that things are going as well as can be expected. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
(Hugs)

m.dahl said...

I am glad to hear this operation went well. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers. Can't wait to meet Cali someday. She is so beautiful.

Kaidence's Mommy said...

Congrats on your new beautiful baby. I am so glad that everything went well with the cath!

James said...

We're so happy that her operation was successful! We'll continue to pray for a strong recovery and continued improvement.

cbridge said...

I am so excited about the good news. I hope you are recovering well Adrienne. Cali is beautiful and we will continue to pray for you guys.

Bethany said...

so glad to hear the cath went well and that cali can proceed with surgery! that is great news! been praying for yall!
heart hugs,
bethany

Christina said...

Congratulations! I am so glad the cath went well. We are praying for your family!

Hugs & Prayers,
Christina
Jacob's Momma

Megan said...

I'm so glad to hear the operation went well! We are praying for you!

The Wiseman Life said...

I just wanted to know im thinking of you and your family! i pray things continue to go well and you see positive progress!