Sunday, August 16, 2009

Intermountain Healing Heart Camp



On Friday Thomas and I got to meet up with other members of the Intermountain Healing Hearts group at their Heart Camp. It was a great experience. We had a good experience with the California Heart Association while we were there, but we both really felt like we connected better with the group here. It may be for several reasons but one big one is that everyone here goes thru the same hospital for the surgeries, so everyone knows the cardiologists, surgerons, and each other. We just felt so welcomed and encouraged by those we were able to meet and talk with. I know I am looking forward to really making friends with these great families.

Hangin out in our cabin before bed:






I must offer a big shout out to Carolyn. She is the one who started IHH and is the President. She has such a great, kind heart, so giving. I have been truly inspired by realizing how many people out there step up and reach out to others, and give so much of themselves to others and to their cause. It has made me want to do the same!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

It was great to meet you guys too. Good luck with the waiting game, until your little one arrives. Thanks for sharing the blog so we can see how everything goes! In the meantime, if you have questions, ask away!
Melissa - IHH

carolyn q said...

You are so sweet and I am so glad that I was inspired to contact you guys at the last minute to come. I definately think your grandma Lillian was working from the other side as she remembered what I went through and knew I could help connect you with others that understood.
I was not alone in starting IHH, so many others were involved and so I can not take the credit as this group would not be where it is without them.
(HUGS)

randalljanalee said...

Hello my name is Janalee Adams. My husband and I are going to have a baby in October that has been diagnosed with Tetralogy of Fallot. We have joined the IHH support group also but were unable to make it this last weekend. We will be going to the fun run in Provo on September 12 so maybe we will meet you and your husband there. If you want to look at my blog it is Randalljanaleefamily.blogspot.com I am really looking forward to meeting you. Good luck with your baby.

Adrienne Orrock said...

Janalee, I just checked out your blog, and read a brief description of TOF. It's a crazy world we've both been thrown into eh? I do hope to be able to participate in the walk in September, but it'll all depend on how our little girl's doing then. But if she's stable and doing OK then we'll be there. It'd be great to meet you and your fam! I've added you to my reader so I can keep up with how things are progressing for you guys! Maybe we'll see you up at Primarys, who knows! :)

Christina said...

I am so glad you guys were able to come. I enjoyed meeting and talking with you. Good luck and keep us posted!

Hugs & Prayers,
Christina
Jacob's Momma
www.jacobsheart.blogspot.com

Brandon and Jacie said...

We've been thinking about you guys. You must be down to a daily countdown by now. I'm sure the anticipation is killing you. You guys are in our prayers every day. Hopw you are doing well.

joelle said...

Hey! We're glad to hear things are going well. As I was reading about Thomas' employment issues I had a thought about the University of Phoenix. We have a couple of friends and tons of people in our ward work for them. I know they are hiring all the time. I'm not sure if the positions are relative to what Thomas does but it's worth a shot. They are the largest private University so they hire all around the country! Good luck with everything and keep us posted!