Monday, July 6, 2009

There's a NEW doctor in town!

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since we last posted on here! Thomas and I have had a busy summer, but we've sure enjoyed the time we've been able to spend with family! We got to go to both of our family reunions! I'd post pics, but I didn't take any with my camera.

Well, we had another appointment today, with a new doctor, he is a perinatologist (high risk OB) who has delivery privileges at the hospital. After meeting with him we've decided that he is the right doctor for us for a few reasons:

1. He doesn't feel the need to induce us! Which is HUGE! After reading all about inductions I am grateful to have the option to go au natural with this. There is still a small chance to being induced depending on a few work things with Thomas, but the plan is to allow my body to go into labour when it's ready.

2. He doesn't feel the need to rush the baby to ICU (assuming all else is normal with her). He told us we could expect up to an hour with her before she needs to receive the drug that keeps her heart functioning until surgery. This is just the BEST news of all.

Thomas and I are very grateful for this new doctor. It is so great to have someone that is approaching things in a calm manner, he has dealt with these situations before and doesn't feel like over worrying is necessary.

All in all things are going well, and we're just 8 weeks out from D-day! :)

8 comments:

Adam & Ashley said...

that is such awesome news!! Congrats on the new doc and the baby coming soon. It was good to see you both at the reunion too!

The Mathews Family said...

The news that you could spend some time with your baby before the craziness starts just made me bawl. You'll treasure that moment and I'm happy you'll possibly get to have it! I've been thinking about you guys. You're both wonderful!
-Jessica

Brandon and Melissa Brawley said...

I am so happy you guys found that doctor he sounds confident! That's great! It was so nice to meet you Adrienne at the family reunion! Thank goodness for those with this many people in our growing family :) I will definetly keep your baby in my prayers and fastings. We love you guys!

Angela said...

WOW! Sounds great! What a blessing of the doctor! Soon, soon enough!

James and Amy said...

That is great news guys! I can't believe your sweet, little baby will be here so soon! We'll be thinking and praying for you guys.

Brian said...

Glad to hear things are going well for you guys! I just finished the first year of my program last week, and I am sooo glad to finally get some summer vacation. My last three years take place at a Community Health Center near Visalia, CA (which is just one short hour away from Bakersfield). So we're glad to be back in our favorite state close to our families once again!! Best of luck with your upcoming adventure, and we'll let you know if we're ever heading your direction. Take care! :)

Michelle Michel said...

Hi! I found your blog through Jacie's! I am glad I found out you had one! I still can't believe you are moving tomorrow. I wish we could have hung out more!! You are such a sweet girl and I have LOVED getting to know you! Let's keep in touch and if you are ever in town call me!

jlbunting.com said...

That is great news. It is so amazing when they put your brand new baby on your chest for the first time. Be prepared to shed some tears! I hope everything goes well!