I've had a hard time trying to sit down and update here. So much has happened in our little family. Just over a month ago Thomas' work (Capital Group Companies) had lay offs that resulted in 15% of the company being let go. Thomas was one of the lucky 15. The program that he was in was just cut right out, including his manager and all the way up the chain. We had known that lay offs were coming up so we discussed what we would do if we happened to be laid off. With rent being incredibly expensive in Southern California we had decided that should we lose Thomas' job we'd move back to Provo, with Thomas' parents and look for work from there. So last week we officially moved in. We are so fortunate that his parents have a basement apartment in the back side of their house that just happened to be available. This will allow us privacy, and our own space, which I am grateful for.
So the last month and a bit have been spent making big decisions. The new doctor that I referred to in the post just prior to this one is here in Utah. We have worked out a plan to deliver at the University of Utah so the baby can go to Primary Children's right away (as the 2 hospitals are connected).
I have said to some people that God didn't feel like our first "bit of news" was challenging me enough. I did feel like I could handle it, and was fairly calm about the whole thing. With the added news I have struggled. Thomas and I LOVED California. We had a great life there, and I am sad to have to leave that part of our lives so quickly. But, even sill, with this new challenge I have faith that God is putting us where we need to be. Maybe not for mine & Thomas' ease or comfort, but for baby.
It's been hard having to tell people about this added bit of news, it's a lot to swallow. But to ease any concerns for us just know that Thomas' severance package was quite generous, so we are not concerned about making it through this time financially. Also, and quite possibly most important is that we have continued our insurance coverage, which is a really great plan (there will be no out of pocket expense for the delivery or the surgeries) and we can keep this until Thomas finds a new job.
That leads me to this...we are now looking for opportunities for Thomas in the Information Technology field, pretty well anywhere in the west (ie Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Oregon, Idaho...) Please keep us in mind if you hear of anything he may qualify for. We know the best way to find work is thru connections and networking. If there's any info you can give us please email either of us.We'd love any help we can get.
As for baby news, we have our last fetal echo tomorrow. It's up at Primary Children's so while we're there we get to have a tour of the NICU. It'll feel good to have a visual of where we'll be so soon (less than 5 weeks now!)
Lastly, please keep us in your prayers. Like I said earlier, this added news and change has been a true challenge for me. We have so much on our plates right now. I know that we will get thru all of this, but I also know that we need help to do it. I'll try to post more regularly again soon!