Thursday, May 14, 2009

Keep 'em Coming...Your Prayers are Working!

This morning we had a check up appointment with our perinatologist (high risk OB). He got on the ultrasound to take a look at how our little girl's heart is doing. And he had a good report. When we had our initial visit with the pediatric cardiologist that diagnosed HLHS he could not even see the left ventricle at all. At the appointment this morning I (with my untrained eye) could see the left ventricle! The doctor pointed it out to me and he showed a pleasant surprise to see it at all, let alone at the size it is, from what I could see it looked to be about 1/3 of the size of the right ventricle. That may not sound like much, but it grew that much in just over 3 weeks! The doctor also reported that the aortic arch (the main artery that carries blood to the rest of the body) looks really good. He was surprised and impressed with it's size and clarity in the ultrasound. This also is what we prayed and fasted for, and I know this is no coincidence! The developments are answers to our many many prayers. These are both great developments! It feels so good to have some positive news! And she still has plenty of time to keep growing inside, so please keep your prayers coming! We know that Heavenly Father is right here with us, helping our little girl and I know that He will continue to be with us, and answer our prayers!

7 comments:

jlbunting.com said...

it's so good to hear that her little heart is growing. I hope it continues!

cbridge said...

That is great news. We will keep the prayers coming.

The Jones Family said...

Adrienne, I hadn't had a chance to get on your blog in a while and saw your facebook status today so I jumped right on. I was so surprised at what I read and just started to cry. I want you to know though you will all be in my prayers! I am so glad to hear the good news about today and hope things will continue to develop and improve in any way. You are such an inspiration to me and I want you to know how much I have always looked up to and admired you. You have such faith and courage even in the face of something that I know must be so difficult. Thank you for your faith and know that I am here for you and will be praying for you. I love you!!!

Kelsey said...

Super Good News!! You are always in our thoughts and prayers!

m.dahl said...

Hurray! I am glad to hear this good news! We love you all and you are still in our prayers!

Jeff and Nichole said...

awesome, awesome awesome! We'll keep them coming!

James and Amy said...

Oh I am so glad to hear this. Your little family is in our prayers.

loves from Maryland