Tuesday, May 5, 2009

If My Life Were a Movie: The Soundtrack

I am a "music person." Music often communicates to me much stronger than any other way. With that said, I currently have David Archuletta's album in my car (courtesy of my sister, Dana) and on this CD are a couple of songs that have just hit me so hard. The one I want to share here is called "To be with You." I know that it is supposed to be a love song from a boy to a girl, but for me it's a love song from a mother (& father) to their unborn child. There's a part right in the middle, kind of the climax of the song where he says,
"This journey, it is worth the fight just to be with you.
Just to be holding you for the very first time never letting go
What I wouldn't give to feel that way."
That is where I am right now. I know that all that we have to go thru will be worth it, just to hold her and never let go. What I wouldn't give to feel that way. The hope of this moment keeps me able, and keeps me positive. I am so grateful for music, and for the comfort and spirit I am able to feel through it, there are many other songs that I have turned to lately and I think I may just make the "soundtrack of my life" (or at least this small part of my life) some day, if I do, I'll let you know what's on it :) Enjoy the clip!

2 comments:

Janae Walker said...

that really is a beautiful song! i understand completely about having a soundtrack to your life. i am the same way about music. it will be interesting to see what makes it on the ultimate soundtrack.

Magen said...

Adrienne. I realized something must be wrong from your facebook posts and so I thought I would check your blog to see what's going on. I was shocked to see that your baby has been diagnosed with HLHS. Leah (our daughter) was diagnosed when I was 7 months pregnant. It was a traumatic experience...just everything about it but Leah is fine now. It was actually a miracle. I hope this can give you some hope...she was born had her inital tests and everything was gone. Good luck with everything...I know how your feeling right now. Magen