Thursday, April 2, 2009

What does it take to get a donunt around here?

Have you seen this place lately??
If So I REALLY envy you right now!

Cuz I could really go for a good donut right now!

So for the past couple of weeks I've really been craving donuts! Not the Krispy Kreme variety the REAL ones like Boston Cream, Lemon Filled, honey cruller, chocolate sour cream etc. See pic below...and drool (that's practically what I'm doing right now!) :)

So the other night Thomas and I decided to go get me some donuts :) Sounds easy right? At home in Canada it would be easy, but here in California?? NOT EASY! We looked up 'donut' on our GPS found 3 shops in the area and ALL 3 WERE CLOSED! Not closed for business, but closed for the day! I had no idea that a coffee/donut shop COULD close! I can tell ya that in the land of coffee shops (read: Canada) they NEVER close! I couldn't believe my luck! Apparently there aren't many donut cravings past noon around here! So here I am Thursday morning, on my "get things done day" and I before I start my list of chores I am going to get my butt over to that coffee shop before it closes so I can FINALLY satisfy this craving! Fingers crossed!! I sure hope they're open :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

You go girl and while you are at it, why not pick up some watermelon and refried beans. Those are two of the things I craved back in my five turns.