Friday, February 20, 2009

Big News!

The Tomady gang is about to get a little bit bigger...as is Adrienne's Belly. We are expecting our first baby in August! We are so excited about this new life change. As we anticipate all the differences between our lives now and what is to come we find ourselves slightly nervous, but overwhelmingly happy. The experience of being pregnant so far has been amazing. Just this past Thursday night we had our 12 week ultrasound and the baby was moving all around! Arms and legs flailing all over! It was an emotional & joyous moment, to see the life we've created.

We are due Aug 31st 2009, I am currently 13 weeks along. So far the pregnancy thing has been pretty easy (don't know if Thomas would say the same thing :)) But really, mostly I've been really tired, and I eat ALL THE TIME! Seriously some nights I would have to eat in the middle of the night! I would wake up STARVING! But, lest you think I'm just pigging out for me, I have only gained 1 lb! 1lb, that's it! That means our little baby is using up all those added calories and is growing and developing!

Let's see what else I wanted to say here...this is grand-baby # 3 on my side and # 7 on Thomas' side. The closest cousin will be Carynn (Jillian & Ben's daughter) who was born in January of this year. We are so happy that there's another baby around ours!

Mostly, we realize God's hand in this and are eternally grateful for this wonderful gift. I am so excited to be a mom. I hope to be as good a mom as both mine and Thomas' And I know Thomas will fill the role of father as well as both of our dads.

The pic below is of the baby @ 12 weeks. Thomas put in the green dot for perspective. The doctor was able to get a profile view so the dot is right on the tip of the baby's nose! Enjoy! :)

21 comments:

The Mathews Four said...

Congratulations!!!! I was hoping this would happen soon for you guys! And I'm so happy you're feeling good during your pregnancy. It's perfectly okay and acceptable to have easy pregnancies! :D After the initial exhaustion I feel really great when I'm pregnant. Congrats again, I can't wait to meet your little person... in person!
-Jessica

Adrienne Orrock said...

Thanks Jessica! When I heard your news I was so excited! It'll be nice to have another couple of babies around when we're due!

Jen said...

Woohoo!!! I am super excited for you both!!! Congrats!!! :)

Amanda and Steve said...

When Thomas called to tell (Grandma) Dawn, she was at our house and as soon as she said, "Oh!" I knew what it was - and was so, so happy! (Steve and I are being left in the dust. We need to get crackin'.) P.S. Steve and I decided that since we practially live double lives with you guys with Disney and all that we should live close to each other. So we vote that you move to Florida. :-)

Balaboosta Baby said...

Congrats! This is very exciting news for you! What a blessing to have a great pregnancy thus far too - not everyone is so lucky! I hope it continues for the duration. Enjoy this magical time!!
:) Rebekah

Adrienne Orrock said...

Well, Amanda we'll see what we can do! Although, if we opened the vote up to the Orrock clan they may just vote for you guys to move here as it is much closer to Utah...something to think about :) Hope you're having fun with Dawn! Oh, and Thomas wants to know if there will be more parallels coming soon, hint hint ;)

Amanda Sewell said...

Ooooh yay! Congratulations! I am SO excited for you Adrienne!

Jackie said...

Yay!! We're so happy for you. That is going to be one beautiful baby. :)

joelle said...

Congrats you two!!!! That is so exciting! It's good to hear that your pregnancy is going so well!

Brian E. said...

Congratulations to you both!! A California birth/upbringing plus strong ties to Canada...your baby will be blessed indeed!! :)

shay said...

YAY, YAY, YAY! That's so nice that you haven't been sick...means you need to have lots of babies! fun that you and jessica are bringing in 2 more
great-grandchildren close together! ENJOY!

Single Girl said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!

♥ Celina

Janae Walker said...

Yahoo, yahoo, yahoo! Tyson and I have been wanting this very post to be posted on your blog :) I am glad that you are doing so well! Reed will have a friend when we visit CA sometime :) Congratulations!

Bloom Family said...

OH, I am so excited for you guys. It has been absolutely the best thing in the world to be parents. Congrats to you both!

xoxoxoxo

Debbie said...

Congratulations to you both! It's such a fun time to be expecting your first child. It's all so amazing, every time actually!

michelle said...

Adrianne!! Congrats! I hope life is treating you very well and it sounds like it is!

jlbunting.com said...

Hey guys, congratulations! Maybe you will have a boy too like everyone else around here. I'm glad you are feeling good, and it's nice to not gain weight at first, huh? Just wait, all of a sudden you are going to pop!

The Wiseman Life said...

Congrats...so exciting~

Traci said...

Sometimes I take a peek at your blog through someone else's blog. Congrats! My first baby was due on Aug. 31 (born on Aug. 30) and this next one is due Aug. 24th. Here's to hoping we make it through the hot summer! :) P.S. I'm hungry all the time too, but I'm pretty sure I've gained more than a pound. It's good that your baby is burning it all up! :)

marcus and amanda said...

Hey this is your long lost co-worker!!! haha, hey congrats on the baby....I hope everything goes well for the rest of the prgnancy. You will be a great mom! Enjoy the weather too...

The Standrings said...

congrats!!! it is so much fun being a mom, you are going to love it!