Sunday, October 12, 2008

A New Look for a New Me!

I changed the blog background! I've been wanting a "cute" blog like everyone else has but simply didn't find the time to make it happen...today that all changed! I do hope you like my new look! As I said in the title the new look goes with the new me! I said to Thomas last night "This next week is the first week of the rest of my life!" And I mean that! I have a few new things starting this week that I'm pretty excited about...



1. New Job! That's right I FINALLY got a job that's worth writing about...I think! I haven't actually started yet! But, I am pretty excited about it. I'll be working as a Chiropractor Assistant! I have been a beneficiary of chiropractic care in the past and fully believe in it's ability to help (it works wonders on my massive headaches!) Anyways, it seems like a great office, 2 doctors, an office manager and one other assistant. I will get to learn all sorts of things like how to take someone's blood pressure, weight & height, assist with certain therapies and explain the whole process to new clients. It's part time, I'll just work Monday, Wednesday, Friday, then a small Sat morning shift. Thomas and I feel like this is the answer to many prayers for guidance in the "what should I be doing with my life?" Department. I am excited to learn some new skills, work in a "medical" office as I think it could open more doors for me (if needed:) So I start Wednesday!



2. New Calling! This was actually self-imposed. One night when Thomas and I were at the Temple I asked what I needed to do to be a Temple Worker. I have wanted to work in the Temple for many years, but it's a time commitment and working full time up until now it just hasn't worked out. Well, 2 Sundays ago I met with the Bishop of our ward and this Wednesday is my first day! I will be working at the Newport Beach Temple from 6:15am-Noon every Wednesday until my release date...when I have a a baby! They actually told me that once I have a child I am automatically released as they don't want moms with children at home to be working in the Temple (this was actually talked about at the General RS Broadcast a few weeks ago!) Anyways, I am so grateful for this chance. I really feel that this is something that I should be doing with my time now. It is more important than the $8/hr I could make at Mervyns folding clothes, or even the full time salary I could make. Now is my chance while young to devote my time in such a way. I am so grateful that last year when Thomas and I were deciding which job to take that we chose a job where we could live so close to the Temple! What a blessing!

Anyways, besides these 2 new things in life, things are going well, besides Thomas being sick today! We are expecting Ben, Jillian and their children next week which Thomas and I are both way excited about! We've got their trip pretty well planned, with Disneyland, the beach and the pool! We can't wait!

4 comments:

Janae Walker said...

sounds like your life is just moving right along! ok, what an AMAZING birthday...i think i might have tyson read that to get some ideas for me for next year :) i, too, am obsessed with birthdays. congrats on the job and calling. i didn't know you couldn't be a temple worker if you had kids. interesting...it makes sense :) anyways, i miss you guys!

Amanda and Steve said...

Congrats on the job! From social worker to chiropractor assistant! And that's exciting about the temple. I always thought that would be a great thing to do before kids.

Amanda and Steve said...

P.S. Do you guys have any friends yet? We don't and I'm feeling sorry for myself so I was thinking maybe someone else was sharing my sorrow. :-)

jlbunting.com said...

Hi! We had fun getting to know you guys a little better on Saturday. I didn't know everything you told us was so new! Good luck with everything and thanks for spending your hard earned money on lunch with us and the Newman's! We will have to get together again soon. ~Becky & John