Friday, September 5, 2008

Stay at home Wife?!

Well, for now anyways! But the job hunt is on! Since we moved now is the first time I've been seriously looking for employment. It just didn't seem to make sense to start looking before my trip. Anyways, until I find a "real job" I am a stay-at-home-wife...which I am actually enjoying for the most part! Although being sick this week I have managed to make a "gourmet" meal daily. Gourmet meaning a main dish, at least 2 if not 3 vegetables, a bread, and fruit. I've made homemade mac n' cheese, chicken cordon blue, hamburgers, baked chicken and Tuesday morning (at 5 am when I couldn't sleep any longer) I made bread. 2 loaves of really yummy Amish Friendship bread. I received a starter from a girl in my ward....wait...does that mean I have a friend?? Yay! Oh, and I have made amazing subway-like sandwiches for Thomas everyday too. To which one of his colleagues at work commented how great they look :) Yes, I am proud of my domesticity's, because who knows how long it'll last once I go back to work :) Actually, I have quite enjoyed having real meals up to the table. Our apartment in Provo was too small for a kitchen table, so we ate up to the coffee table. That just makes me more appreciative of kitchen tables!




Anyways, here are a few pics from my trip. I went with 2 of Thomas' sisters, Sharlie and Lindsey. Sharlie was headed off to Italy for study abroad, so as it happened Lindsey and I were fortunate enough to be able to tag along for a week and see some of Austria. We spent 4 days in Vienna (the capital) and 3 days in Salzburg. Salzburg was the favorite of the 2...it has great small town charm, and was up in the mountains, with a river running right in the middle of the town. Enough with words, here are some pics...

Here we are at church in Vienna. We were lucky to have a missionary translate the service into English for us!

An AMAZING view of the city! If this looks at all familiar to any of you. I have pretty much the same pic of me here about 3 years ago! (and for the next few too!)Another palace!Just disregard the "no walking on the grass sign" I did!
The next few are in Salzburg! Beautiful isn't it?
The fortress! This is a pic from our little river cruise, it was a great way to see the city!The next 2 are on top of a mountain. We took this super cool cable car up I think it was 1800 meters up and the hiked around. It was amazing! Of all the things I got to see in Austria, the museums, the art, the architecture, it is God's creativity, His beauty, and His love that most took my breath away. Just gorgeous!And then...another great highlight from our trip...after searching and searching for a place to try them on...We finally got to!! Aren't they the CUTEST!! I wanted to take this one home with me. Too bad it was 1300 Euro (approximately $ 2,000 US!) But, I have a pic and I love it so much!
Well, hope you enjoyed those pictures! I sure enjoyed my trip. I think that one really will be the last one for a while for me anyways. Thomas was asked to go back to BYU for recruiting, and he had already got a flight to go back to watch a BYU football game too. So he's got 2 separate trips back to Provo in the next couple weeks. He's pretty excited about the game of course! (He is a BYU fan and it is the UCLA game!) but he's also really excited to go to the career fair and recruit at BYU. He's always wanted to be on the other side of the career fair. The guy who has the great job and tells you all about it. And now he gets too! So I'll miss him while he's gone. But I'm so excited for him!

4 comments:

Adam & Ashley said...

So once again, so jealous! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and I love the pictures!!

Julie said...

Ady, thanks so much for posting and the pictures. I haven't seen many and I want to see them all. I want to hear a lot more, too. Sharlie is limited in her chatting and Lindsey can be brief. I imagine your sickness is recovery from the terrible trip home. I hope you are all back to it soon. Let me know about the job hunt.

The Wiseman Life said...

Looks like such a great time! I'm jealous you little world travel! Good luck job hunting!

The Wiseman Life said...

So you have become a bread maker? I need you learn...you should send me your recipies!