Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cathedral Wash, Toadstools, and a bit of the lake

Well, this last week Thomas and I have done some more exploring of the area!
We found our first geocache...


We hiked Cathedral Wash which was just like hiking along an old (very old) dried up river, with great canyon walls.

We saw some cool balanced rock formations (formed by the erosion of weaker rock beneath stronger, more resilient rock over thousands of years).
Can you spot Thomas?

And got a small taste of Lake Powell...and let me tell ya, the water is COLD!! We'll give it a little more time to warm up before getting in! :)

4 comments:

Wetzel said...

Wow, AZ looks soooo fun. I can't wait to be there, and I can't wait to see you guys in July. Thomas, I didn't know you were so flexible! I know I can't do that with my legs.

James and Amy said...

Oh, these pictures make me miss my New Mexico and Utah landscapes! Not too many of these pics can be taken in Maryland. :) I am glad you guys are having a good time.

ps. we have an announcement ... check our blog :)

Janae Walker said...

we miss you guys already! we will try and come visit before the long trek out to the east! i have never been to lake powell and want to go badly! anyways, i hope things are going well! reed is already two months! crazy! he goes in for his check up today! he';s looking so much bigger :)

Janell said...

Great pictures!