Wednesday, June 6, 2007

One Night in Bangkok

Well, it's been a long day today, we have fit in a lot of sight seeing and traveling into a short amount of time. We are in Ayuthaya now, it's a city with all sorts of ruins, pretty cool. Or I guess I should actually say pretty hot....it's only been like the hottest day of my life! :) I cannot believe that one person can sweat as much as I have today (TMI! : ) ) Anyways we arrived here the afternoon after taking the train, had some great food for lunch (I had a kinda stir fry with rice adn Thomas had chicken & rice). Then we found this taxi driver who offered to take us all around to the sites, so we went around for like 3 horus. It was really cool. We're both totally wasted now, I think it's a combination of the heat and the adjustment to this time zone. Well, we'll board our train to Chiang Mai in about 2 hours, and arrive there in the AM. We also got a cell phone today but we left the sheet with the # back in our bags. So we'll get it to you later. Things are great, it's beautiful here, just very very hot! :) Our computer doesn't allow for pics so we'll post some next time. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can find Chiang Mai on the map but not Ayuthaya.

The Mathews Four said...

Hope you guys are having so much fun! I can't wait to see some pictures!
-Jessica

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you again. What an adventure! When you get too hot, just think of your old car. you're used to it! We got a great long email from Tovin today. I forwarded it to you- dont know if your checking your adyorrck email. Elder Eyring came for thier first devotiional- Tovin is on fire! So poitive and loving everything about the MTC. all is well here.Heave a great time! We love you!! Love, Mom, Dad and Dana

Trina said...

Wow! You two already sound like you're having an interesting adventure! Adrienne are you finding it weird not being able to understand the language? Is their much English spoken?
Be sure to keep hydrated! Eat lots of fruit.
I hope you're enjoying Thailand and each other.
Love you~ Trina

carolhudson said...

Please leave your phone #, too !